This year was tough but not as tough as last two years. I had to come to terms with a lot of things. Below are my major learning :
- Life is going to be progressively challenging, accept it gracefully.
- One decision can change your life and shift your crust.
- 30’s is tougher than you thought, be grateful for the earlier years.
- People are going to be mean even if you are their well-wishers.
- People will hate you for doing the right thing, don’t expect standards.
- Everyone has agenda, be careful.
- Healing takes longer than you think and its OK.
- Your plans are bound to fail but keep making them.
- Sometimes just being able to breathe is a sign of warrior.
- Books provide a lot of answers that your inner self is searching.
- Legal system sucks, you can’t do much about it.
- Even the closest people will not be able to understand exactly how you feel, guide them.
- Even the best of people have a little bad in them don’t get disappointed, tackle them.
- Loneliness is real and addictive. Meditate more often.
- Depression is difficult to decode, just go with the flow.
- Its OK to cry for hours.
- Negativity will creep into you even if you are full of positive energy.
- Mental health affects physical well being severely, take care of your mental health.
- Smiling is difficult but you have to.
- Therapy will work only if you believe in it.
2018 was all about coming to terms with life!
Has this happened to you?
You focused on whatever good is left in life when going through tough times. You focused all the energy on loose, discolored but unburnt threads. You regularly showed gratitude to the Universe and God for all that is not bad and lost and believed that these times are testing. You, like me took one good strand of life and started re-knitting your sweater from that end.
Unsure of what else to hold on to, this strand of thread became the center of life. With time you got hooked to the needle and hung your happiness by the end of the knotted thread as everything else was simply falling apart. Your obsession to make this sweater a piece of art reached extreme. It not only became a part of your routine but gradually became you.
For things to start making holistic sense, inclusion of revived strands became imperative. Moreover deep down you knew that one day addition of other strands will help in making the sweater strong. Like everything else this alone was not supposed to last forever.
That’s what I am currently facing. It not only has become my personality but also spoils mental peace and relationships. Any kind of obsession is unhealthy. Changes! even when good are difficult, specially when one has just attained some stability. I am well aware that I have to let go for my own good but its a daily fight with self.
Only by accepting the change, life will shower new opportunities. Only by surrendering I will get an absolute life. Only by manoeuvring other strands I will be able to complete my one of a kind sweater.
Only by accepting, I will be able to let go!
PC: Beginning Knitting
Its a bright and beautiful day.
Sun is playing hide and seek behind grey clouds and flowers are blooming in your garden when you step out.
You take out your vehicle, wipe off the newly settled dust on its mirror.
Vroom!! you leave for your regular destination.
A little casual.. a little conscious..
Enough to not hurt or get hurt..
Just enough to reach safely…just enough to keep others safe..
As you smile and take a turn,
Another vehicle crashes into yours.
Your head goes spinning and you loose control.
Many times Life behaves exactly like this… it acts as irrational as it desires. Doesn’t matter if the other driver was driving rash and was not attentive…His reasons or lack of it..are his. Whats yours is…
It happened to you.
It altered your reality forever.